Monday, March 16, 2009

school

i have been off the site for a while but it is great to be back. i have been so busy with work, job searching and school that i lost track of time. this week is going to define much of my grade in two other classes. two midterms amoung the same general catagory...human history. anthropology, the study of humans and modern humanities, the study of historical art amoung europe through out the renaissance, boroque and romanitic period. history repeates itself and i figure that is why people find the information important enough to teach in college. i find anthropology suprisingly interesting, studing different types of culture really opens up your mind. that class has also had me thinking about human kind outside the United States much more. as far as humanities goes, iv been having a hard time retaining the informaition. so many names and so many paintings. i will admit that i am becoming more interested in classical art work and sculptures and italian history. these studies lead me to thinking about the option of studing abroad for a semester. it could be a cheep option to experience the history of my culture. well see where the idea can take me. i would like to go to Italy where most of my roots are from on my mothers side. im going to check to los rios web sight to see what i can find.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Italy last summer, and it was everything I could have ever expected it to be. If you are interested in Italian art and history, then studying abroad in Italy would be the chance of a lifetime. I have to admit, I am not a huge art person, so I didn't care about the art there so much as the architecture and history. When I went to the Roman colissium (their spelling) and the ruins of of the ancient Romas city, I felt like it was somewhere and somethinf I was meant to see and that life wouldn't have been complete if I hadn't gone there. I know that sounds cheesy and melodramatic, but it is just an amazing country. Ironically, given what I just said, I have an Italian friend (she lives there and always has) who can't stand Italy because she says, "everything is so old!"

    ReplyDelete